Double Nut Bars
- For first layer, in a medium mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine and granulated sugar. Add chocolate wafer crumbs; mix well. Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan; chill about 20 minutes or until firm.
- For second layer, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is fluffy. Add the 1/3 cup powdered sugar; beat until combined. Stir in chopped pecans and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over crumb layer. Chill about 30 minutes or until set.
- For third layer, beat peanut butter and half of the 1 cup powdered sugar until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the milk and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add additional milk, if necessary, to make of spreading consistency. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Drizzle. Arrange pecan halves on drizzle. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 24 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 3 days ahead, prepare bars. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat milk chocolate pieces and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally.