- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Prepare Basic Cookie Dough as directed. Press three-fourths of the dough evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven about 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate pieces, toffee bars, sweetened condensed milk, coconut, and pecans. Spread mixture evenly over the baked crust. Crumble the remaining one-fourth of the dough evenly over the top.
- Bake about 20 minutes more or until crumbled topping is lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift cookies out of pan. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Basic Cookie Dough
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Makes about 2-3/4 cups dough.