- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine the 1 cup flour and the salt. Cut in butter with a pastry fork until mixture is crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 11x7x-1-1/2-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place apricots in enough water to cover in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes; drain.
- For topping, in a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar and eggs. Stir in drained apricots, walnuts, coconut, and vanilla. Add the 2 tablespoons flour; stir until combined. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake in the 375 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Cut into diamonds. Makes about 30.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Powdered Sugar Icing
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir in additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until icing is of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot-Nut Diamonds)
- Per serving:
- 114 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 27 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.