Barbecue Chicken and Ramen Waffles
- Reserve seasoning packet from one package noodles; discard remaining packet or save for another use). Cook noodles in a pot of of boiling water 2 minutes 15 seconds. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- For slaw, in a bowl combine cabbage, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. In a small saucepan combine chicken, barbecue sauce, and 4 tablespoons of the water. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until heated. Keep warm.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 of the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the water, the flour, baking powder, and half of the seasoning packet. Add the cooled noodles; toss to coat. Preheat a greased square waffle baker to the highest heat setting. Add ramen mixture and spread evenly over 4 squares.* Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Break into four squares.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Break remaining 4 eggs into skillet. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Reduce heat to low. When edges of egg turn white, add the remaining 1 tablespoon water. Cover skillet and cook eggs 3 to 4 minutes or until set. Top each waffle square evenly with slaw, chicken, and an egg.
From the Test Kitchen
If using a round waffle baker, spoon one-fourth of the noodle mixture (1/2 cup) on the preheated waffle baker and spread to within 1 inch of edges. Cover and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Repeat with remaining noodle mixture to make four round waffles.
Nutrition Facts (Barbecue Chicken and Ramen Waffles)
- Per serving:
- 560 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 289 mg chol. ,
- 1185 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.