Banana Split Cake Roll
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper or parchment paper; grease and lightly flour paper. Set aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating until well mixed. Stir in mashed bananas and lemon juice. Fold flour mixture into banana mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Slowly peel off waxed paper. Starting from a short side, roll up towel and cake into a spiral. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling.
- Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up cake and filling into a spiral. Trim ends. Cover and chill for 2 to 48 hours before serving. If desired, just before serving, drizzle cake roll with chocolate syrup and/or garnish whole cake with whipped topping. If desired, serve with maraschino cherries.
Test Kitchen Tip
Rolling up a warm cake and letting it cool before filling keeps the cake from cracking once it's rolled up with the filling. Roll it in a clean, lint-free kitchen towel that's dusted with powdered sugar so it doesn't stick to itself.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the frozen light whipped dessert topping; fold in until well mixed. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed. Fold in fresh strawberries.
Nutrition Facts (Banana Split Cake Roll)
- Per serving:
- 142 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 137 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 16 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.