Banana Praline Crunch Pull-Apart Bread
- In a small saucepan heat the milk just until warm (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F). In a large bowl combine warm milk and yeast; stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg, the 1/4 cup melted butter, sugar, and salt to the yeast mixture. Beat with mixer on medium until combined. Add half the flour; beat on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl as needed. Beat 1 minute on medium. Stir in remaining flour. Shape dough into a ball (dough will not be smooth). Place dough in a greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 20 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush with 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle with bananas, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise to make two 20 x 6-inch strips. Cut each strip crosswise into five 6x4-inch strips. Carefully make 2 stacks of 5 strips each. Cut each stack into 4 x 2-inch pieces. Loosely stagger pieces in pan, cut sides up. Sprinkle with Coconut-Pecan Topping. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (40 to 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted near the center registers 200 degrees F. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to serving plate. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool 20 minutes more.
From the Test Kitchen
Make Ahead Tip:
Prepare as directed through Step 2, except do not let dough rise. Cover bowl and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before continuing with step 3.
In a medium bowl combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 Tbsp. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 2 Tbsp. flaked coconut and 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans.
Nutrition Facts (Banana Praline Crunch Pull-Apart Bread)
- Per serving:
- 464 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 51 mg chol. ,
- 236 mg sodium ,
- 67 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.