Banana-Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 8x1-1/4-inch round foil cake pans; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the 3-1/2 cups flour, the coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat the 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Continue beating for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, liqueur, milk, and vanilla on low speed just until combined (mixture may appear curdled). Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pans.
- For streusel, in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/4 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in macadamia nuts. Sprinkle evenly over top of batter.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If desired, drizzle with Powdered Sugar Drizzle. Cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and store coffee cakes at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Powdered Sugar Drizzle
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and, if desired, coconut extract until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel)
- Per serving:
- 290 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 57 mg chol. ,
- 306 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.