Balsamic Cherry Tomato-Caramelized Onion Conserve
- In an extra-large skillet heat butter and oil over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir in next three ingredients (through sugar). Cook, covered, 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and honey. Bring to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or just until tomatoes are softened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar and pepper.
- Ladle hot conserve into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic Cherry Tomato-Caramelized Onion Conserve)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 147 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.
Karen Wentzel 652 Days Ago
How long does this last on the shelf? Thx.