Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set baking sheets aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss again to coat evenly. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and/or coarse salt.
From the Test Kitchen
Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries:
Prepare as above, except add 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon with the oil.
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries:
Prepare as above, except add 2 cloves garlic, minced, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder with the oil.
Southwestern Sweet Potato Fries:
Prepare as above, except before baking, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Sweet Potato Fries)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 450 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.