Recipes and Cooking Baked Goat Cheese with Herb Oil A DIY herb oil made by blending blanched fresh herbs with avocado oil is the fresh finish to this bubbly cheese dip. By Danielle Centoni Danielle Centoni Instagram Twitter Website Danielle is a food writer and recipe developer with more than two decades of experience as a food journalist writing about cooking, baking, and grilling, as well as cocktails, wine, and beer. She also has extensive experience conducting product reviews and taste tests. In addition to feature writing and recipe development for publications, she has written six cookbooks and contributed extensive editorial work to six others. Previously, Danielle was the food editor of The Oakland Tribune, food editor and writer at The Oregonian, senior editor at Imbibe Magazine and MIX Magazine, and editor of Eater Portland. As a freelance writer, her articles, recipes, taste tests, and comprehensive equipment reviews appear in a range of national publications including Better Homes & Gardens, EatingWell, Conde Nast Traveler, The Kitchn, Spruce Eats, and Serious Eats, among many others. Danielle earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Smith College. She has also taken the WSET Intermediate Course in wine and spirits, passing with distinction. She has received the James Beard Journalism Award and is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation, and Les Dames d'Escoffier. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on May 2, 2020 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Victoria Pearson Hands On Time: 10 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 8 ounce goat cheese (chevre), crumbled 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened 2 tablespoon milk 2 teaspoon lemon zest 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon thyme or thyme ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan ½ - ¾ cup cherry tomatoes (optional) 2 tablespoon Herb Oil (see recipe) Directions Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl combine goat cheese, cream cheese, milk, zest, lemon thyme, salt and pepper. Beat with a mixer on medium until smooth. Spread cheese mixture in a 12- to 16-ounce au gratin dish or two 8 oz. dishes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. If desired, top with cherry tomatoes. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly. Drizzle Herb Oil over cheese. Serve warm with crackers and vegetables. Serves 8. Herb Oil Blanch 4 1/2 cups fresh herb leaves, such as tarragon, parsley, thyme or lemon thyme, and/or basil, in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Blanching the herbs keeps them bright green in the oil. When completely cool, drain and squeeze herbs to remove water. Using a kitchen towel, pat herbs to dry thoroughly. In a food processor, combine blanched herbs and 1 cup neutral oil, such as avocado or canola oil. Puree until well blended. Season with salt. Makes 1 cup. Keep chilled in an airtight container up to 4 days.Notes from recipe developer Danielle Centoni: Blanching helps the herbs stay bright green. This is a small amount because you don't need much tarragon oil for the goat cheese. But this is such a small amount it won't work in a normal-size food processor or blender. I made it in my little food processor. I think using a cup and an immersion blender would work too. Or scale it up so you'll have enough volume to work in a food processor? You'll need about 1 cup of herbs and 1/2 cup of oil to work in a normal food processor. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 270 Calories 23g Fat 5g Carbs 11g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 270 % Daily Value * Total Fat 23g 29% Saturated Fat 13g 65% Cholesterol 55mg 18% Sodium 369mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 5g 2% Total Sugars 1g Protein 11g Vitamin C 3.2mg 16% Calcium 235mg 18% Iron 2.1mg 12% Potassium 240mg 5% Folate, total 3.8mcg Vitamin B-12 0.2mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.