Baked Chicken Breasts with Black Bean Rice Pilaf
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl combine the lime peel, 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt, ground ancho chile pepper, garlic powder, and coriander. Rub mixture over chicken and arrange skin-side down in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Broil chicken 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and broil for 5 to 6 minutes more or until skin is brown and lightly crisp. Remove chicken from oven. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Return chicken to oven and bake about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan stir together the broth, beans, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, oregano, cumin seed, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve chicken and rice with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Chicken Breasts with Black Bean Rice Pilaf)
- Per serving:
- 613 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 152 mg chol. ,
- 1506 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 53 g pro.