Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy foil; set aside. For rub, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar, rosemary, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.
- On a work surface, line up bacon slices lengthwise, overlapping slightly (use enough slices so the width of the bacon layer is about 2 inches shorter than the length of the meat). Place meat crosswise in center of bacon layer. Bring the top halves of the bacon slices over meat. Roll the meat toward you so the ends of the bacon slices meet underneath (stretch the slices if necessary). Sprinkle bacon with additional pepper.
- Heat the prepared baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of meat. Remove pan from oven; carefully place meat, bacon ends down, in the hot pan. Roast, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare. Remove from oven.
- Cover meat with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of the meat after standing should be 145 degrees F.) Cut meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with Creamy Chive Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in Step 4.
Prefer a different roast? Try a 4- to 5-pound boneless pork top loin roast (double loin). Roast at 325 degrees F for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F. Like feta cheese? Use it in place of the blue cheese option in the Creamy Chive Sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin)
- Per serving:
- 607 kcal ,
- 43 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 14 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 161 mg chol. ,
- 700 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 47 g pro.