Bacon Biscuit Egg Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper, cream of tartar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add buttermilk and the 4 slices crumbled bacon all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it just until dough holds together. Pat or lightly roll dough until 1 inch thick. Cut dough with a floured 3-inch round cutter. Dip cutter into flour between cuts and reroll scraps as necessary. Place dough rounds 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and the 2 slices crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden. (You will only need six biscuits for this recipe. Store the remaining biscuits to use later.**) Prepare the Cheese and Onion Scrambled Eggs.
- Split the six biscuits. If desired, spread mayonnaise on cut sides of biscuits. Fill biscuits with avocado slices and scrambled eggs.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 1 1/4 cups sour milk, place 4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 1/4 cups total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
Cool the remaining biscuits and place in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon Biscuit Egg Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 633 kcal ,
- 39 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 270 mg chol. ,
- 1012 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.