Bacon, Beet, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine goat cheese and adobo sauce. Spread 2 tablespoons of the goat cheese mixture onto half of each tortilla. Layer with one-fourth of the beet slices, one-fourth of the bacon, and 1/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese. Fold tortillas in half over fillings.
- Coat a very large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add quesadillas; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted, turning once halfway through cooking time. Cut quesadillas into wedges. If desired, serve with Chunky Guacamole.
From the Test Kitchen
To roast beets, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut tops from beets; peel and halve beets and place on a large piece of heavy foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey. Bring up two opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold in the remaining edges of foil to completely enclose beets, leaving space for steam to build. Roast beets in the foil packet about 55 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced with a knife. Carefully open packet to release steam. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Using a large knife, slice beet halves into thin slices. (The beet juice will stain your fingers, so protect your hands with disposable plastic gloves or small plastic bags.)
- In a sturdy, resealable plastic combine chopped avocado, sour cream, dill, lime juice, salt, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce. Seal bag. Using your hands, knead bag until ingredients are combined and nearly smooth. Serve immediately or chill for up to 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon, Beet, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 557 kcal ,
- 36 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 15 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 59 mg chol. ,
- 1183 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.