Avocado Ranch Tuna Melts
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl mash avocado with a fork until desired consistency. Stir in ranch dressing. Add broccoli slaw mix; toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl combine tuna, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Place bread slices on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil about 5 inches from the heat about 4 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted, turning once halfway through broiling. Remove from broiler.
- Spoon broccoli slaw mixture onto toasted bread slices. Top with tuna mixture and cheese.
- Return sandwiches to broiler. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes more or until tuna mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, top with additional snipped fresh parsley and/or serve with pickle spears.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find the Ultra-thin slices, replace with reduced-fat sliced cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado Ranch Tuna Melts)
- Per serving:
- 256 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 38 mg chol. ,
- 686 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.