- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. Sprinkle avocado wedges with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place eggs in another shallow bowl. Place crushed tortilla chips in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip seasoned avocado wedges in flour, turning to coat. Dip in eggs, turning to coat. Dip in crushed tortilla chips, pressing chips gently onto wedges as necessary to coat.
- Arrange coated avocado wedges on prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat avocado wedges with cooking spray. If desired, sprinkle wedges with chili powder. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
From the Test Kitchen
To crush tortilla chips, place chips in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Use your hands to coarsely crush chips. Using a rolling pin, roll over bag until chips are finely crushed.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado Fries)
- Per serving:
- 272 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 261 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Victoria Benson 960 Days Ago
I tried this with zucchini instead of avocado and it was delicious!