Avocado and Blood Orange Salad with Almonds and Chile Oil
- For chile oil, in a small skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper; cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using a paring knife, cut a thin slice from both ends of 1 of the oranges. Place a flat end on a cutting board and cut away the peel and the white part of rind. Working over a bowl to catch juices, hold the orange on its side and cut between one section and membrane. Cut along the other side of the section next to the membrane to release the section into the bowl. Repeat with the remaining 3 oranges.
- Place the orange sections and juices on a serving platter. Add avocado wedges, arugula, and almonds to serving platter. Drizzle with chile oil and the lemon juice.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, shaking pan once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado and Blood Orange Salad with Almonds and Chile Oil)
- Per serving:
- 287 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 14 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 9 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.