Asian Pineapple Chicken
- Cut chicken breast halves in half crosswise. Place chicken pieces in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Quarter pineapple slices. Place pineapple slices, water chestnuts, and sweet pepper on top of chicken in cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together the reserved pineapple juice, the chicken broth, ginger, and garlic. Pour over chicken mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from cooker; keep warm.
- Turn cooker to high-heat setting. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, cornstarch, rice vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Stir soy sauce mixture into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened and glossy.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. When sauce is thickened, return chicken to slow cooker. Add the prepared rice and the green onions; stir to combine. Top individual servings with chow mein noodles.
From the Test Kitchen
Place the chow mein noodles in a small covered dish or an airtight container and transport with the dish. Add a spoon and let individuals top their own servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asian Pineapple Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 446 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.