Apple-Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Cut biscuits in half crosswise. In a small bowl combine ground flaxseeds, 11/2 teaspoons of the granulated sugar, and the cinnamon. Roll biscuits in flaxseed mixture to coat. Alternately arrange biscuit halves and apple slices in the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with any remaining flaxseed mixture. Top with walnuts.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling. Pour mixture over biscuits. Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are golden and biscuits near center are done. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert loaf onto a small baking sheet. Invert again onto a serving platter.
- For icing, in a small bowl whisk together cream cheese, 2 teaspoons orange juice, vanilla, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Drizzle bread with icing. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread)
- Per serving:
- 192 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 399 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
susanpippetyah 575 Days Ago
Couldn't make this as I have absolutely no idea what "7 1/2 ounce package (10) refrigerated reduced-fat home-style biscuits" are. And why reduced fat???
Rose Alice Hoerst 714 Days Ago
This is what I hate about most recipe sites.. in their effort to avoid promoting a brand name, they use these euphemisms that no one can decipher!
Teresa Medina 1122 Days Ago
I thought you weren't supposed to heat up or bake with flax seed??
Frith Ronan 1489 Days Ago
Is this an American recipe? What exactly are reduced-fat home-style biscuits "7 1/2 ounce package (10) refrigerated reduced-fat home-style biscuits"