Apple, Celery Root, and Fennel Salad
- For the dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, honey mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl combine endive and butterhead lettuce. Add three-fourths of the dressing; toss to coat. Divide mixture among salad plates.
- In the same bowl combine apple, celery root, and fennel. Toss with remaining dressing to coat. Divide evenly over greens. Top each salad with blue cheese and walnuts.
From the Test Kitchen
To make it easy to grate the blue cheese or feta cheese, buy a whole wedge (rather than crumbled) and freeze for 30 minutes before grating.
Prepare and store dressing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring dressing to room temperature before using. Continue as directed in Step 2.
Nutrition Facts (Apple, Celery Root, and Fennel Salad)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 299 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.