Apple-Bourbon Country-Style Pork Ribs
- Season ribs with salt and pepper; place in a 6-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl whisk together jelly, bourbon, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, vinegar, and the 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Pour bourbon mixture over ribs in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add apples to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours more or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours more or until apples and ribs are tender.
- To serve, transfer ribs to a serving platter. Strain cooking liquid and serve with ribs.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once ribs are finished cooking, remove the ribs from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Bourbon Country-Style Pork Ribs)
- Per serving:
- 588 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 123 mg chol. ,
- 443 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 46 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.