Turkey Salad Tartlets
- In a medium bowl stir together turkey, bacon, and shallot. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Add mayonnaise mixture to turkey mixture, stirring to combine. Add avocado to turkey salad, gently tossing to combine.
- Spoon turkey salad into phyllo shells. Garnish each tart with a tomato wedge. Makes 30 tartlets.
From the Test Kitchen
To save time, coarsely chop the turkey, put in a food processor, cover, and pulse with several on/off turns until finely chopped.
Prepare as above through Step 2. Cover and chill turkey salad for up to 24 hours. Just before serving, stir in the avocado and spoon salad into tart shells.
Pineapple-Almond Turkey Salad:
Prepare as above, except omit mustard and substitute 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits for the avocado and 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds for the tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Salad Tartlets)
- Per serving:
- 52 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 52 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 3 g pro.