Tomato Sauce with Garlic Cheese Bread
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker combine pasta sauce, undrained tomatoes, and drained mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting, if available, for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare garlic cheese bread according to package directions. Cut crosswise into slices. Serve sauce with cheese bread as dippers. Makes 14 (1/4-cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Some 1-1/2-quart slow cookers include variable heat settings; others offer only one standard (low) setting. The 1-1/2-quart slow cooker recipes in this book were only tested on the low-heat setting, if one was present.
For a 3-1/2-quart slow cooker:
In the cooker combine two 26-ounce jars pasta sauce; one 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained; and one 4- to 4-1/2-ounce jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Prepare two 11-3/4-ounce packages frozen garlic cheese bread or garlic bread. Serve as above. Makes 26 (1/4-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts (Tomato Sauce with Garlic Cheese Bread)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 352 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.