Toasted Stars with Onion-Grape Marmalade
- Prepare Toasted Stars (below).
- For Onion-Grape Marmalade, in a 12-inch skillet heat butter over medium heat; add onions. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and vinegar. Cook, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes more or until vinegar has evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir in grapes and salt. Set aside; cool slightly.
- To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon marmalade on each star. Float on Christmas Potato Soup. Makes 24 stars and 40 (1-tablespoon servings) marmalade.
Toasted Stars for Christmas Potato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Using a 2-3/4- to 3-inch star cookie cutter cut stars from 24 bread slices. Arrange stars on baking sheet. Using 3 Tbsp. melted butter, brush each side of stars with melted butter. Bake 6 minutes until toasted. Cool on baking sheet.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 1 month ahead, prepare Toasted Stars. Cool completely. Label; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Before serving, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Three days ahead, prepare marmalade. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Float Toasted Stars atop Christmas Potato Soup; serve the additional stars and marmalade with dinner.
Nutrition Facts (Toasted Stars with Onion-Grape Marmalade)
- Per serving:
- 63 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 97 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.