Shrimp with White Bean Puree on Crostini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Arrange bread slices on baking sheets. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Cool.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, if desired, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp. In a large saucepan, cook shrimp in a large amount of boiling salted water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover. Chill until needed.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine beans, yellow pepper, the snipped chives, and garlic. Cover and process or blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture reaches a creamy consistency. Add mascarpone cheese, salt, and white pepper. Cover and process or blend until well mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- To serve, sprinkle shrimp with chives pieces. Serve shrimp and bean mixture with baguette slices. Makes 24 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare baguette as directed in step 1. Place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Prepare shrimp as directed in step 2. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Prepare bean mixture as directed in step 3. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, continue as directed in step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp with White Bean Puree on Crostini)
- Per serving:
- 64 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 125 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.