- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in a large amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain well.
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, goat cheese, lemon juice, and honey; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, arugula, onion, pumpkin seeds, and salad dressing; set aside.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted, turning bread over once.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on one side of toasted baguette slices. Top each with a shrimp and some of the arugula mixture. If desired, top each with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 20 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To toast pumpkin seeds: Place pumpkin seeds in a dry large skillet; cover. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes or until seeds are toasted, shaking skillet occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Shrimp Bruschetta)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 156 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.