Potato Skins with Roasted Peppers
- Scrub potatoes; prick with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender; cool.
- Halve each potato lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of potato halves, leaving about 1/4-inch shells. Cover and chill scooped-out potato for another use.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange potato shells, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with roasted sweet peppers and green onions. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and potato shells are heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together sour cream, Italian seasoning, and garlic. If desired, sprinkle potato skins with additional green onions. Serve warm with sour cream mixture. Makes 12 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
Assemble potato shells as directed. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours before baking.
Nutrition Facts (Potato Skins with Roasted Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 79 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 110 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.