NY Strip w/Grilled Corn Salad Hoecake
- Salt, pepper & oil each ear of corn, grill over medium-high heat until toasted. Cut the corn from the ear mix the corn and all remaining ingredients from the corn salad together & refrigerate.
- Add salt, blackening seasoning and oil to steak. Grill about 5-7 minutes on both sides, once the meat has reached about medium doneness, remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- Mix all ingredients together for the hoe-cake and form small 1/4-inch discs, should make about 24.
- Add oil to skillet or griddle (cast iron preferred) and cook hoe-cakes over medium high heat until golden brown on both sides, Set aside.
- Put all ingredients from aioli in a blender and mix until the peppers are completely cut up. Put in a drizzle bottle
- Once the meat has rested, take and slice on the bias into 24 thin slices.
- Add a slice to each of the hoe-cakes. Top each one with a spoonful of corn salad. Drizzle the chipotle aioli over each piece.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
- Combine ingredients.