Mushroom and Goat Cheese Phyllo Triangles
- Cover dried mushrooms with the hot water; let soak about 30 minutes or until pliable. Drain mushrooms. Remove the stems and discard; finely chop caps. Set aside.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in large skillet; add garlic and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add shiitake and fresh mushrooms; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir in goat cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt. Let cool slightly.
- Remove one sheet of phyllo dough, keeping extra dough covered with plastic wrap. Brush the sheet with some of the melted butter or margarine. Top with a second sheet; brush with additional butter or margarine. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough crosswise into six 2-1/4-inch strips. Place about 1 teaspoon mushroom filling at the top of each strip. Fold the top down over the filling, making a triangle; continue to fold as if folding a flag. Do not wrap too tightly; filling expands when baked. Repeat with remaining phyllo strips and filling.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 36 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
1. Up to 1 month ahead, prepare triangles. Place unbaked triangles in a single layer on baking sheets and freeze until firm. Put triangles in a freezer bag and store in freezer.
2. At serving time, place frozen triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Do not thaw before baking or pastries will be soggy. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until hot and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Mushroom and Goat Cheese Phyllo Triangles)
- Per serving:
- 72 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 100 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.