Mini-Tortilla Quiches with Cilantro Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat thirty-two* 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut 32 circles from the tortillas; gently press one round into each muffin cup, pleating the rounds as necessary to fit. Set cups aside.
- For filling, in a blender, combine cilantro, half-and-half or light cream, green onion, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper; cover and blend until smooth. Spoon a scant tablespoon filling into each tortilla-lined muffin cup.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until completely set when poked near center with a wooden toothpick. Carefully remove quiches from cups.
- Before serving, spoon 1/4 teaspoon sour cream atop each warm quiche and sprinkle with paprika. Makes 16 servings (2 quiches per serving).
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If you have only one mini-muffin pan, prepare the tortilla rounds and filling as directed, and bake the tiny quiches in three batches, keeping the filling chilled between batches.
Prepare and bake quiches as directed through Step 3. Remove from cups and cool completely on a wire rack. Place in an airtight container; cover. Chill for up to 1 day. To reheat, place quiches in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
Party for 8:
Prepare as directed, except cut ingredients in half, making 16 quiches.
Nutrition Facts (Mini-Tortilla Quiches with Cilantro Cream)
- Per serving:
- 68 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g pro.