Hazelnut and Cherry Caramel Clusters
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Butter the foil; set baking sheet aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan melt white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in hazelnuts and cherries. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow mixture to set up slightly. Drop by a rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- In another small heavy saucepan combine caramels and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth (if mixture is too thick to drizzle, stir in 2 teaspoons hot water). Remove from heat; drizzle over the candy clusters. Let stand about 1 hour or until firm. Store tightly covered for up to 3 days. Makes 18 pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
To present this gift...
Place the clusters in a cellophane-lined box bottom. Cover with the lid. Place the rubber bands around the box, arranging in both directions to make a grid or plaid pattern. For the tag, cut a small square from colored cardboard. Punch a hole in the center of one side. Place rubber bands around the tag edges. Loop one rubber band through the punched hole.
Also try this...
To make the box more colorful, wrap the box lid with colored wrapping paper or use a colored box.
To Present This Gift You Will Need:
Clean, white paper box, Cellophane, Large colored rubber bands in different widths, Scissors, Colored cardboard, and a Paper punch
Nutrition Facts (Hazelnut and Cherry Caramel Clusters)
- Per serving:
- 146 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 27 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.