- In a saucepan cook frozen spinach according to package directions, then drain well.
- Place garlic in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process for 5 to 10 seconds or until minced. Add the cooked spinach, milk, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and blend or process until well combined. Add Neufchatel cheese; cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Transfer spinach mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- To serve, transfer dip to a small serving bowl. If desired, sprinkle with chopped tomato or Monterey Jack cheese. Serve with Tortilla Crisps or toasted pita wedges. Makes 32 (1-tablespoon) servings.
- Cut twelve 6-inch flour or corn tortillas each into 6 wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Serve 4 crisps per serving.
Toasted Pita Wedges:
- Split pita pockets and cut each half into wedges. Bake the wedges on an ungreased baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Tortilla Crisps or toast pita wedges; cool. Store in an airtight container up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Garlic-Spinach Dip)
- Per serving:
- 23 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 44 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 1 g pro.