Recipes and Cooking Angel Food Cupcakes with Chocolate-Hazelnut Frosting 4.3 (3) Add your rating & review Top these light-as-air angel food cupcakes with a chocolate-hazelnut frosting. They'll fly off your dessert table! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 26, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 45 mins Bake Time: 18 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 3 mins Servings: 16 Yield: 16 cupcakes Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 6 egg whites (about 3/4 cup) ¾ cup powdered sugar ½ cup all-purpose flour ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar ½ teaspoon vanilla ½ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread 1 cup powdered sugar 2 tablespoon heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla ¼ teaspoon salt Strawberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries (halved or sliced, if desired) Powdered sugar Directions In an extra-large mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sift 3/4 cup powdered sugar and flour together three times; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sixteen, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Add cream of tartar and vanilla to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on medium until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over egg whites; fold in gently. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Spoon into bake cups, filling each to top of cup. Bake 18 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and spring back when lightly touched. Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove bake cups from pan; cool completely. In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter and chocolate-hazelnut spread with a mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Once combined, increase speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Using a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip, pipe frosting around the top of cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Tips Make cupcakes as directed through step 4. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw cupcakes at room temperature. Continue with step 5 as directed. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 126 Calories 4g Fat 20g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 16 Calories 126 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 8mg 3% Sodium 59mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 20g 7% Total Sugars 17g Protein 2g Vitamin C 2mg 10% Calcium 8mg 1% Iron 0.3mg 2% Potassium 51mg 1% Folate, total 7.9mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.