Angel Food Cupcakes with Chocolate-Hazelnut Frosting
- In an extra-large mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sift 3/4 cup powdered sugar and flour together three times; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line sixteen, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- Add cream of tartar and vanilla to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on medium until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over egg whites; fold in gently. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Spoon into bake cups, filling each to top of cup. Bake 18 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and spring back when lightly touched. Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove bake cups from pan; cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter and chocolate-hazelnut spread with a mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Once combined, increase speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Using a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip, pipe frosting around the top of cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle top with berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
Make cupcakes as directed through step 4. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw cupcakes at room temperature. Continue with step 5 as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Angel Food Cupcakes with Chocolate-Hazelnut Frosting)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 59 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 17 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.