Almond Lace Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with foil. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in granulated sugar, corn syrup, and the water until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and ginger. Stir flour mixture, almonds, and vanilla into syrup mixture; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop dough by level 1-teaspoon measuring spoons about 2-1/2 inches apart onto prepared sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until centers are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 4 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
Chocolate-Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies:
Prepare cookies as directed. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread on the bottom sides of half of the cookies, using 1/2 teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread for each cookie. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches.
Do not sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Almond Lace Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 39 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 18 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.