- In a small saucepan combine the apricots and amaretto. Bring just to boiling; remove from heat. Let stand until cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir the butter and brown sugar over medium heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Stir in undrained apricots. Fold in the 1 1/2 cups almonds. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring apricot preserves to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the preserves over the warm bars, gently spreading evenly. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup sliced almonds evenly over the preserves. Use the foil to lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Place on cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts (Almond-Apricot Blondies)
- Per serving:
- 198 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 22 mg chol. ,
- 89 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.