Almond and Raspberry Blossoms
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, 1/4 cup of the ground almonds, and the 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until pieces are pea-size. In a small bowl combine egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water. Gradually stir yolk mixture into flour mixture, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons additional water if necessary, to make dough cling together. Gently knead dough just until a ball forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1/4 cup softened butter, and the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup ground almonds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat twenty-four 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each portion into a ball. Press balls onto the bottoms and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the preserves into each pastry-lined muffin cup. Spoon filling over preserves. Bake about 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from muffin cups; cool on wire rack.
- Before serving, sprinkle cookies lightly with powdered sugar. If desired, top each cookie with a raspberry.
Nutrition Facts (Almond and Raspberry Blossoms)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 35 mg chol. ,
- 67 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
Gloria Vincent 979 Days Ago
Apologies to BH&G for my previous comment. I re-read this recipe, for yet another time, trying to figure it out, and I think the cream cheese part has to be in the #4 step... So it was MY fault for not deciphering properly, I guess!!
Gloria Vincent 980 Days Ago
WHERE does the cream cheese and orange peel, etc. tie in here???? THAT step was OMITTED! VERY disappointed in Better Homes & Gardens, putting this recipe out in their name...