Alegrias de Chocolate (Chocolate Happiness Candy)
- Line a large baking sheet with foil; grease foil. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine candy coating, chocolate, and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread to about a 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin seeds and cinnamon. Sprinkle pumpkin seed mixture, peanuts, mango, and cranberries evenly over melted chocolate mixture. Use the back of a spoon to lightly press in seeds, nuts, and fruit.
- Chill candy for about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy from baking sheet; carefully break into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Place candy pieces between layers of waxed paper in an airtight storage container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Alegrias de Chocolate (Chocolate Happiness Candy))
- Per serving:
- 93 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 15 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.