Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- Preheat airfryer to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine onion, chives, 1 clove garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and sage. Add ground pork; mix well.
- In a shallow dish combine flour, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, and paprika, if using. In another shallow dish beat together 2 eggs and water. In another shallow dish place panko.
- Dip each cooked egg in the flour mixture. Divide meat mixture into six portions. Flatten into thin patties and fold around hard cooked eggs, sealing and smoothing edges to completely enclose.
- Working gently with 1 sausage-wrapped egg at a time, dip eggs again into flour, shaking off excess, then coat in lightly beaten eggs. Roll in panko to coat.
- Place scotch eggs in airfryer basket (do not overcrowd). Cook eggs 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, lemon juice, and remaining 1 clove garlic. Serve eggs warm over arugula and drizzle with spicy mayonnaise.
From the Test Kitchen
For hard-cooked eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan. Add cold water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain; place in ice water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs. For soft-boiled eggs, bring water to boiling. Using a slotted spoon, gently lower eggs into water. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Boil 6 minutes for soft boiled or 8 minutes for a jammy but not set yolk. Drain; place in ice water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs. If using soft-boiled eggs, use a gentle hand when enclosing them in the meat mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Air Fryer Scotch Eggs)
- Per serving:
- 426 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 11 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 277 mg chol. ,
- 725 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.