Adorable Bunny Cupcakes
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the rounded top of each cupcake.
- Pull the original cupcake liner off each cupcake and discard. Place the cupcakes cut-side down onto new cupcake liners.
- Assemble your piping bag with the decorating tip. Fill the piping bag with buttercream frosting. Hold your bag at a 90-degree angle against the cupcake. The tip should be 1/16-inch away from the surface of the cupcake. Working from the bottom with consistent pressure, squeeze and pull the bag away to resemble fur. Continue until entire cupcake is covered.
- For ears, cut a Madeleine cookie into thirds with a serrated knife. Use the two outside pieces for the ears and press into position on cupcake. For nose, cut red candy pieces in half and place on face. Press purchased candy eyes into position on face.
From the Test Kitchen
Serrated knife piping bag or gallon-size zipped plastic bag grass or fur decorating tip muffin tin
Basic Butter Frosting
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 2/3 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons of the milk and the vanilla. Gradually beat in the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, beat in enough of the remaining milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.