Gather your supplies:
Let's get started:
1. Print the stocking and bone patterns given here and trace onto pattern tracing material.
2. Cut the stocking from green felt. Cut two bands 3" x 8" and one hanger 3/4" x 8" from red felt and cut the bone from the tan felt.
3. Use your pinking shears to pink around the outside of the stocking sections and band leaving the upper edge a straight edge. Pink around the edges of the bone and the hanger.
4. Pin the band to the upper edge of the stocking sections. Stitch 1/4" from the edge across the top edges through both layers. Stitch the hanger to the inside at the upper edge of one stocking.
5. Pin the bone to the front stocking section as pictured. Stitch 1/4" from the edge.
6. Decorate the stocking using the paw print stamp and stamp pad.
7. Or decorate your pet's stocking by appliquéing its name across the front. Cut the letters out with your pinking shears and stitch down 1/4" from the edge.
8. With wrong sides together, pin the front and back stocking sections together. Stitch 1/4" from the pinked edges leaving the top open.
For more fun projects, tune into your local PBS television station to SEW YOUNG, SEW FUN, an exciting how-to program designed just for kids. Learn all about sewing and crafts on this kid-centered 13-week series show. To learn more about this fun-filled television program, the SEW YOUNG, SEW FUN website (www.sewyoungsewfun.com), and the colorful, award-winning project book, SEW IT UP! visit your local Husqvarna Viking dealer or visit www.husqvarnaviking.com now.
Project by Husqvarna