Transform a store-bought bouquet into a beautiful homemade gift with this easy DIY wrap. This thoughtful gesture is perfect for birthdays, housewarmings, or just because.
What You'll Need
- Small twigs or broom strands
- White craft paint
- Small jar
- Kraft paper
- Paper towel
- Plastic wrap
- Downloadable bouquet tags
How to Make It
1. Create a splatter brush by taping together straw pieces from a broom. Water down a dollop of white craft paint in a small jar so it's the consistency of whole milk. Place a sheet of 18x18-inch kraft paper on cardboard. Dip the straw brush in the paint and tap the middle of the brush with an index finger. Dip and splatter until the desired coverage is achieved.
2. Fold a damp paper towel in half and wrap it around the ends of the stems. Then cover the stems and the towel with plastic wrap so that no moisture escapes onto the paper wrap.
3. Fold the edges and bottom half of the paper two thirds of the way up. Place bouquet on the left side and wrap kraft paper around the flowers. You'll want the largest blooms to face the front of the bouquet. Make sure to scoot them up so they're not covered by the paper.
4. Wrap twine around the paper and tie together, and you're ready to gift the bouquet. Try adding colored ribbon or a bright tag for a personalized gift that's sure brighten anyone's day.