Create a Floral Kit
Our secret to creating arrangements worthy of a photo shoot? A floral kit. Stash these helpful tools at home, and you'll always be ready to create dazzling bouquets.
- Foral tape
- Clear tape for creating a grid
- Floral foam
- Floral frog -- helps keep structure
- Natural twine
- Matches -- to burn the end of certain stems
- Floral food packs
- Cut stems as you go to vary the length.
- Put container near the edge of your table and use this as a guide for cutting the stems.
- Turn the container as you go to keep the arrangement balanced.
Choose Hero Blooms
Create your arrangement around an odd number of "hero blooms." These are the biggest, brightest stems in the arrangement.
Green stems are more than just filler! They're beautiful in their own right. Try these unexpected options:
- Dusty Miller
- Geranium leaves
- Berries or fruit
- Jasmine or other vines
Before you finish your arrangement, consider adding a few pops of height to the bouquet. This will give the arrangement depth and texture -- must-haves for stunning Instagrams.
A Few Tricks for the Camera
- Make sure the arrangement has a focal point (like the roses seen here).
- If there are only a few "hero blooms," place them in front and fill the back with less special blooms.
- If you run out of blooms for your container, arrange the bulk of them to the camera (you may never see the back!)
- Darker blooms like deep burgundy dahlias and chocolate cosmos need lighter blooms for contrast to show.