Art Party Ideas
Party creatively with an afternoon of painting, snacking, and cocktails. A painting party is the perfect excuse to get together with friends and try something new. Bonus: It's so easy to plan and host. So gather some brushes, snacks, and your best lady friends for a masterpiece of a party.
Plan the Party
This party is as simple as gathering a few art supplies and some snacks. Click here for the full party kit. Here's what else you'll need:
- A still life set up in the center of a round table, or a couple of arrangements down a long table. Use fruits or flowers for a traditional look, but almost anything will work as a subject -- bottles, eggs, glasses, shells, and more. Keep in mind that simple shapes are easiest for beginners.
- A set of inexpensive watercolors, brushes, and three to five sheets of watercolor paper for each guest.
Your artists need nourishment. Our
offers a full menu of bite-size appetizer recipes, like mini grilled cheese sandwiches and picadillo poppers.
Art Party Tip: Purchase a couple of extra paint palettes to use as serving trays for your party appetizers.
Use these final tips to host and plan your party without a hitch.
- Instruct guests to wear clothes that can get dirty, and/or provide aprons they can take home.
- Clear off a table or countertop as a drying station for finished work.
- Offer a few drawing supplies, such as ink pens and colored pencils, so guests can try something new.