Personalized birthday cards add a thoughtful touch that a plain card can't match. If you want to tickle a birthday funny bone but are having trouble with what to write, try one of these jokes, riddles, and poems sure to please the birthday card recipient.
Birthday jokes fall into many categories: kids' jokes, old age jokes, milestone birthday jokes, and more.
Birthday poetry can range from short and pithy to long and thoughtful. The funniest entries tend to make their point quickly, and they fit into a birthday card better, too. Try one of our funny birthday messages, below, or get inspired to try your hand at a custom birthday poem just for your birthday honoree.
Check out these classic birthday jokes and riddles:
- Knock-knock! Who's there? Abby! Abby who? Abby Birthday to you!
- Knock-knock! Who's there? Wanda! Wanda who? Wanda wish you a happy birthday!
- Q: What does every happy birthday end with? A: The letter Y.
- Q: What is the left side of a birthday cake? A: The side that's not eaten.
- Q: What do you always get on your birthday? A: Another year older!
- Q: Why did Susan stand on her head at the birthday party? A: They were having upside-down cake!
- Q: Did you hear about the tree's birthday? A: It was a sappy one!
- Q: What did the ice cream say to the unhappy cake? A: "Hey, what's eating you?"
- Q: Why do we put candles on top of a birthday cake? A: Because it's too hard to put them on the bottom!
- Q: When is a birthday cake like a golf ball? A: When it's been sliced.
- Q: What did the birthday balloon say to the pin? A: "Hi, Buster."
- Q: What did one candle say to another candle? A: "Don't birthdays burn you up?"
- Q: Why was the birthday cake as hard as a rock? A: Because it was marble cake!
- Q: What does a clam do on his birthday? A: He shellabrates!
- Q: What is an elf's favorite kind of birthday cake? A: Shortcake!
- Q: What has wings, a long tail, and wears a bow? A: A birthday pheasant!
- Q: What party game do rabbits like to play? A: Musical Hares.
- Q: What did the bald man say when he got a comb for his birthday? A: "Thanks. I'll never part with it!"
- Q: Does a pink candle burn longer than a blue one? A: No, they both burn shorter!
- Q: What goes up and never comes down? A: Your age!
- Q: What do you say to a cow on her birthday? A: Happy Birthday to Moo!
- Q: Why did Tommy hit his birthday cake with a hammer? A: It was a pound cake!
- Q: What did the birthday cake say to the ice cream? A: You're cool!
- Q: What did the elephant wish for on his birthday? A: A trunkful of presents!
Whether the joke made you laugh or groan, you probably smiled. Share the smiles. Write a birthday joke, riddle, or poem on a handmade birthday card. It's a special gift that will be treasured for it's thoughtfulness -- and silliness.
Make a handmade card perfect for a joke or riddle.