Whole Foods' Summer Wine Sale Is Here
Whole Foods' master sommelier selected 12 wines made for sipping in the summertime—and right now, they're all on sale! Grab your reusable wine tote bag and stock up while prices are low.
Summer is right around the corner, but you can start celebrating the warmer weather now. For us, one of the best parts of summer is sitting on a patio with our feet up and a cool drink in our hand. If the summer drink you’re envisioning is a bubbly glass of Prosecco or a chilled rosé, Whole Foods’ annual summer wine sale can help you stock up.
Whole Foods’ Master Sommelier Devon Broglie selected 12 different wines specifically for the summer. All 12 will be on sale from May 29 to July 30, so you have plenty of time to try them all. And while we traditionally associate sparkling whites and bubbly rosés with summer, there are a few reds on the list too—no matter what you usually pour into your glass, there’ll be a summer option for you.
While we’re looking forwarding to sampling all 12 over the next few months, there are a few bottles that have us especially excited to break out our wine opener. There’s only one rosé on the list, but based on the description, it’s the only one you’ll need. According to Whole Foods, this Cloudveil Rosé combines all of our favorite summer fruits into one bottle, with notes of raspberry, strawberry, and watermelon. The price is even nicer—during the sale, you can score a bottle for just $11.99.
Prosecco fans, surround yourself with nature to sip on this wine with flowery notes. Like any good Prosecco, Whole Foods’ Vacanze Italiane Prosecco is fizzy and sweet, with fruity flavors and even a hint of acacia flowers. During the sale, this wine is an absolute steal at only $8.99 per bottle.
Don’t worry red wine drinkers, they didn't forget you. Whole Foods has a couple red wine options (that you can chill!) included on their list of summer favorites. We’re most looking forward to swirling their OTWC Pinot Noir around our glass. It has cherry, nutmeg, sassafras, and vanilla flavors, and according to their sommelier, it’s your best bet for pairing with smoky, juicy barbecue foods. It’s one of the pricier bottles on the list at $16.99, but still affordable enough to pick up a couple bottles before you fire up the grill.
Here’s the rest of the wines you can look forward to picking up at a discount this summer:
- Monterustico Bianco, $13.99—Features crisp green apple flavors with a hint of lime zest.
- Holy Snail Sauvignon Blanc, $13.99—Grapefruit and citrus flavors with herbal notes.
- Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay, pricing varies by region—Starts with kiwi, apple, and white peach flavors, then finishes with floral notes.
- Santa Julia Torrontes del Mercado, $12.99—Flavors of ripe peaches and fresh tropical fruit.
- Pool Boy Rouge (1L), $11.99—A juicy red you can chill, this wine comes in a pool-friendly bottle.
- Crucible Red Blend, $8.99—Made for game nights, this red has dark fruit and spice flavors.
- FitVine Cabernet Sauvignon, $14.99—This classic cabernet has less sugar and a silky-smooth finish.
- Grace Hale Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc, $18.99—Bubbly and delicious, this white has grapefruit, gooseberry, and grassy notes.
- Presto Lambrusco (4 pack of cans), $12.99—This ripe, sparkling red is a must for outdoor summer parties.
Get your wine glasses ready, because you’ve got some tasting to do. Whole Foods’ summer wine sale will stick around until July 30, and you can find each bottle at Whole Foods stores nationwide throughout the summer. Grab your favorite bottle, a few of your girlfriends, and head for the patio!