continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Fill any nicks in the door with wood filler.
- Lightly sand each door to rough up the entire surface. For already-finished cabinetry, use a bonding primer to ensure new paint will stick.
- Position wood blocks as desired on the door. Using wood glue, adhere blocks to the door front.
- Secure wood blocks from the back of the door with small nails.
- Using a saw, cut the trim pieces to fit between the blocks and similarly secure with glue and nails
- Apply a stain-blocking primer.
- Apply two or three coats of paint. Let dry.
- Use a small brush to apply mixture of one part black paint to one part water in the molding and trim piece grooves. Let stand for 10 seconds.
- Wipe off excess with a clean cloth.
- Rout a small groove on the bottom inside edge of the door for fingertip pull space.