- Latex paint
- Flat dishes or ceramic pieces
- Wood or ceramic glue
- Paint pen
How to Make It:
- Fill any nicks in the door with wood filler.
- Lightly sand each door to rough up the entire surface. For already-finished cabinetry, use a bonding primer to ensure new paint will stick.
- Apply two or three coats of latex paint.
- If using flat dishes, break into pieces.
- On the raised panel area, lay pieces like a puzzle, leaving about 1/8 inch between pieces. Once pieces are arranged, adhere them one at a time to the door with work or ceramic glue. Let dry overnight.
- Sand rough spots and polish the pieces.
- Using a paint pen outline the arched panel in a complementary color.
- Attach desired hardware.
All Topics in Cabinet Makeovers