- Latex paint
- Stainless-steel rods
- Wood glue
- Hardware (if desired)
How to Make It:
- Fill any nicks in the door with wood filler.
- Lightly sand each door to rough up the entire surface. For already-finished cabinetry, use a bonding primer to ensure new paint will stick.
- Paint the door.
- Position stainless-steel rods evenly across the door.
- Nail small staples over one end of each rod.
- Seal veneer and cut into strips.
- Wave strips over and under the rods.
- Tack down each rod's loose end.
- Using wood adhesive, glue the ends of the veneer strips in place.
- Cover ends with small wood scraps and clamp until dry. Remove the clamp.
- Add hardware if desired.
All Topics in Cabinet Makeovers