Fold Towels Like a Fancy Hotel with These 4 Easy Techniques
Learn how to fold a bath towel for a fluffy stack or to be hung on a towel rack with these handy tips.
Ever wondered what it is about hotel bath towels that make them look so perfect and fluffy? Maybe it's the fabric softener, but we have a sneaking suspicion that it's less about the material and more about the way the towels are folded. To get that crisp, even fold at home, you'll have to ditch the towel folding method you've always used and try one of our easy, space-saving tricks instead. With the proper folding techniques, bath towels remain neatly stacked and ready to use whenever you need them. Use these folding methods to display fresh towels in a neat arrangement and give your bathroom a luxurious, hotel-like feel.
How to Fold a Towel
The best way to fold towels depends on how you prefer to store or display them, such as on a shelf, in a cabinet, or across a towel bar. Try one of these four towel folding techniques and choose the best one for your style and space.
Classic Hotel Folding Method
This technique creates clean edges, making it ideal for a stack of towels stored on an open shelf or bench.
- Begin by spreading your bath towel out on a flat surface. Fold one long end towards the middle. Repeat on the other side.
- Next, fold each short end towards the middle. Be sure to leave a gap where the ends meet. This will allow room for one more fold.
- Finally, pick up one end and fold it over the other, creating a beautifully folded bath towel. Smooth out the surface and store towels in a stacked display.
Towel Bar Folding Method
This classic technique is best for folding bathroom towels to hang. It leaves towels easily accessible so you can quickly grab one and drape it across a towel bar in one smooth motion.
- Fold your bath towel in thirds lengthwise.
- Fold in half, then bring the short end towards the center.
Wear-Reducing Folding Method
Preserve the fluffy feel of your bath towels with a folding method that helps prevent extra wear. By optimizing the fold for storage, it minimizes potential wear along the crease caused by a towel bar.
- Fold your bath towel in half lengthwise.
- Fold in half widthwise, placing the short ends together.
- Fold in half widthwise a final time for a wide, flat fold that's easily stackable. If a more compact shape suits your storage space better, fold the towel in thirds instead of in half on the last fold.
Spa-Style Rolling Method
For a luxurious touch, display your towels in a spa-inspired rolled arrangement. Using this space-saving technique, towels stay tightly together, so it works well for towels stored in baskets or open cubbies.
1. Lay the towel out on a flat surface. Fold one corner in diagonally toward the center so the short side lines up with the long side of the towel, creating a point at one end.
2. Fold the towel in half lengthwise, then flip the towel over so the folded edge is on the bottom.
3. Tightly roll the towel starting at the short side opposite the point. When you reach the end, tuck the point into the roll to keep the towel secure.